Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Latest and Greatest

So I think I'm doing a pretty dang good job of embracing this new stage of life, and loving it. There have been plenty of moments where I used to whine or complain whether in my mind or out loud about the drag of the days, the lack of activity or excitement...(cause mind you excitement isn't obsolete in this bumpin town, its just Portland living calls for a budget!)...but I really have wisened up, and am enjoying my simple life of wife, motherhood, and homemaker. Although I will admit, a full day can quickly be consumed by the ongoing cycle of make a meal, feed the children, clean the children, clean up the meal, dump out all the toys in the front room and play with the kids, put them down for a nap, and when they wake up it begins all over again! :)

But I do have a more lagit way out of the house, when Adam takes the car to work cause I got a nice used instep double stroller for only 20 bones! Seriously it glides on air compared to my old stroller, and now it doesn't take 30 min to get to a decent park on foot. It just requires a little physical exertion which I was aching for anyhow. So come rain or shine,(yesterday shine today rain) the kids and I get out for a good jog, and if they're lucky a nice stop at the park.

This past weekend Adam baked the most AMAZING rhubarb pie I've ever tasted. It was rhubarb, strawberry, blackberry and it was divine! Pics to prove it. I was way impressed with his sugar sparkling lattice top as well.


Along with delish pie, we highlighted our weekend with a quick trip to the Columbia beach right down the road. And Ephraim was lovin the sand play and the "big wadda" full of sail boatsEmeri being packed down nice and tight into the cold wet sand

No comments:

Post a Comment