Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ahhhh Walmart

So today was Emeri's 8 month birthday and a couple firsts occurred in commemoration of such a day. First the kids and I drove over into Washington just to find a real SUPER WAL-MART. Its the first one we've been to since we moved here three months ago. And I'll just say upon walking in I don't know who felt more at home, me or Natalie Portman when she played the role of Wal-Mart-baby-mama in Where the Heart Is. Unfortunately our glorious reunion with Wal-Mart was tainted by my darling daughter throwing up for the first time all over herself as we drove there. Poor thing. She coughed and hacked and got it all out and then was so exhausted she fell asleep in the remaining 5 min of the drive. So I had to strip her down and take her in shirtless. Only to go grab one out of the baby section, put it on her and pay for it at check out. :) Hey that's why ill prepared mothers like me LOVE Wal-Mart! So it was all in all a grand day with a small sad moment for my 8 month birthday baby. But she is definitely on the mend as you can see from this pic right before bed...

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I can't believe she is already eight months old. What a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Your post cracked me up. :) She's adorable. I'm glad she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete