My three adorable "bedlamites" as Elder Holland calls them.
McKay Arthur
Emeri LOVIN Her new baby!
My kids found their hospital entertainment on the window ledge playing pic-a-boo behind the curtains
Adam baked shortcakes and brought them to the hospital for McKay's Birthday Cake
This boy was smirking big time within just a couple of days
We decided to take the opportunity to bless McKay while family was in town so the name became official on June 5th.
Checked in at 10:40....the place is DEAD. 3 nurses chillin at the main station. I'm thinking to myself "Good no excuses for them movin slow, cause this baby is comming fast." They said no one else was in labor that night, I was the only one. But of course when I tell the nurse hooking me up to the computer how fast my 2nd one went she replies with the comment how most time 3rd births are the weird ones, where they don't follow the pattern and take a little longer. I asked her how many kids she had....2. Yeah she just became an unathoratative figure on the matter. :) Sorry but when contractions are killing and people tell you the opposite of what you want to hear, they quickly get on your bad side.
Well the fun didn't stop there. The computer didn't boot up right so they spend 15 plus min trying to get it to work, before I'm finally checked and I'm 8cm dilated with a bulging bag of water. :) At that point they figure its better to just move me to another room where the computer will work. So lucky me I get to be wheeled through the hallway during a super intense contraction feeling like I'm in an E.R. drama series ready to pass out cause of pain. If that wasn't enough then two R.N.'s spend another 15 min trying to get an I.V. in me. (I've always been told I have SAWEET veins) These ladies are gonna get it! By the time the anesthesiologist arrives still no I.V. in, so he assists in the process and gets me with one simple stick. Total justification for his salary vs theirs. I still have a bruise to show for the futile efforts of the nurses.
Finally by 11:25 the epidural is in, but let me just say that before and during it I experienced more pain than I've ever known or hope to know again. Enough to put any thoughts or desires for delivering unmedicated FAR FAR from my mind. :) I didn't think the epidural would have time to catch up since I was already a 9 and within a few min my water broke. But this anesthesiologist gets a 10 on my scale for a job well done. That juice kicked in quick and worked miracles. So I delivered lil' McKay Arthur at 12:03 with only 6 min of pushing. :) And 100% happy and relaxed.
So life as a mother of 3 under the age of 3 begins....and all with a smile! I ADORE MY KIDS! :)

How crazy Jessica! You had him so fast! I'm so sorry about your experience though. What a huge difference from that hospital and Utah Valley huh? Good luck with your 3 adorable kiddos.
ReplyDeleteps I love the name McKay!
So glad he's here healthy and you are happy! His birth story sounds exhausting just reading it! I'm glad your epidural worked quickly. Emeri looks so grown up and with a ton of hair! And Ephraim is such a big brother now! WOW! McKay reminds me of both Ephraim and Emeri, but maybe more Emeri. . . I'm sure he changes and grows daily. You're so brave to go through this without much family around. I wish I lived closer so I could do play dates again and help out with the baby monitor! Ah, the good ol' days at Aspenwood! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! That's quite the birth story. I'm glad those drugs kicked in for ya! Super excited for you and your family. He's adorable!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and you look fantastic, by the way!