Monday, January 23, 2012

Catch up!!!

Hello to all who thought following was worth your time, and then have decided otherwise the past few months. I'm right there with ya!

I've been doing some New Year's resolution journal writing though, and most thus far has been catch up on the kids so I keep tabs on where they're at. So to mix it up a bit, and post more than my usual slap job of pictures, I'll give ya the latest journal entry in hopes that it buys me some more time to strap down and get back into the blogging swing of things.

Sorry if its not quite written for the blog, but a little ctrl c and v is all I got time for right now! :)

Here goes:
January 4th 2012

It’s a Wednesday afternoon and amazingly all my kids are asleep and I’m choosing not to be. Crazy I know. But I needed to get a wrap up 2011 journal entry done before I found myself too far into 2012.

So this year has been 100% spent residing in Portland, OR. Something I surely didn’t think I would record. So although I’ve hoped often for a step up in Adam’s career, the time we’ve spent here has been wonderful, and we’ve grown to love lots of things about Portland and the people here. I did Joyschool this past fall with Ephraim and a couple other mom’s in the ward, which was fun, but a little overwhelming with McKay and Emeri, and only having 3 mom’s rotating. But it got me excited to teach my children more not just about letters and numbers but social skills, and building in them a good work ethic and appreciation for the beauties of life around them. J

It was an adjustment from two children to three. Especially since McKay wasn’t Miss. Content as our princess Emeri was. Although he is SUCH a happy baby! Just FULL of smiles for EVERYONE! I’ve worked a lot this year at getting back in shape and fixing the kinks my body accumulated over 3 pregnancies. Mostly issues with my sciatic nerve and pelvis bone shifting every which way. So I’ve been seeing a Physical Therapist lately Joanie Anderson, and she’s AWESOME. Much better results than the chiropractor I had found here. So I’m learning and filing away LOTS of exercises and techniques to help me keep my body aligned so I don’t have to limp around whining about poor ol’ me. And can instead tackle life STRAIGHT on with all the enthusiasm I can muster.

January 8, 2012

Year end wrap up continued....

My McKay was born in May and it’s now January coming up on 8 months. Well this boy has had only 3-4 nights where he slept through...aka, mom didn’t wake up. J So he actually always sleeps a seven-eight hour stretch but he should be doing the full night by this point. So the last 6 months have been a varied array of determination and effort to make it happen. More determination on my part, and less so on his. One excuse after another with sickness, trips, and more sickness, this kid has managed to make it much further than his older siblings, having his mother wait on him in the night with a warm bottle. Now in my defense I have let the boy cry. Ohhh have I let him cry. A couple of times he stretched almost 2 hrs before fading out again. TORTURE! And for a week or so we had him cry it out always crying for 30min or more. Let’s just say he’s got a SERIOUS fighting spirit, determined to have it his way. With the other two, 3 nights of crying it out, and they were caught in the spell of sleep forever more, no more waking up! J So since he’s just got over a nasty cold I’m up for the challenge once again. Its gotta work sometime soon. I aint gonna be tending to a year old baby in the night, or else it may be 5 years before I’m willing to have another one!

Emeri has blossomed into our little princess this year. She learned to walk at 14 months and has since learned to keep up quite well with her brother. They are the best of friends always playing, teasing, crying, and laughing together. She started communicating quite early and now can ask for or express any of her wants. With that she is a great singer of Do-Re-Mi, and Jingle Bells, and Hakuna Matata. Really she’s almost too cute for words. She loves to explain things to her little “Kay” McKay stares with bold blue eyes as she cocks her head slightly for a corner of the eye glance, raises her eyebrows and tells him matter-of-factly “Don’t pull hair Kay”. Another cute moment was last night in the car when out of the blue she cheers from the back seat “Go Daddy! Go Daddy!” Guess she’s got that Grandma Taylor cheerleader in her. J

January 15th 2012

Well I think Ephraim is my only child left to give an update on. He is such a big helper to his mommy. He and Emeri are AWESOME playmates. Sure she whines, and he takes it too far, but overall they LOVE having each other to play with. Emeri is picking EVERYTHING up Ephraim does. Good and Bad. Just today she tried to say McKay kicked Daddy when we all saw her kick Daddy. Sorry there I go getting off on another child. Anyhow yes Ephraim does try to shuffle the blame to bystanders, but Mommy and Daddy are working hard on emphasizing the importance of honesty. Not only do you own up in situations, but mommy keeps saying “You do what you say you’ll do! You keep your word! You’re a Wadsworth!” So sometimes he’ll say “No I not keep my word!” He’s got a strong, smart head on his shoulders. But under all his little boy defiance he is still so tender hearted. He more so than Emeri for sure. He’ll ask to skip parts of movie cause it’s scary, and out of the blue he’ll say “You know what? I love you Mom,” or “I love you Dad.” The best is when you are rocking him before bed and he’ll reach up and with the back side of his fingers he’ll gently stroke your cheek. It it too TOO tender. He picked it up from Mom and Dad, but to have him do it just casts it in the most adorable endearing light. Emeri just did it to Daddy a few nights ago, and I caught a peek of it as I walked past her door. It was SO PRECIOUS!

Well besides that Ephraim loves to play pretend a lot lately. His favorite things to do are play dragons, and saving the princess, or STAR WARS and saving the princess, or magically waving a wand and turning Emeri and I into farm animals, or a monster. And with that he also could play “Race” ALL day!! (Our layout provides for the perfect lap, round and round from the kitchen to living room.) Thing is it NEVER ends. Maybe he’ll be a track star!

With all that catching up done..... the new news. So last week Adam heard from PSI that they want to have him fill a management position in Cleveland OH. So we notified Pennsylvania Gannet Fleming that PSI was on the move, because they had just spoke with Adam again about upcoming potential openings two weeks before. Anyhow word came back from them, that they didn’t have the work load yet to make a hire, but to keep them posted up until the time that Adam has to make a final decision, because things can change so quickly. So I’ve been praying that they will get more work in their water department, and that Adam can have a chance to choose to work for them or not. So while praying for that I’m trying to be excited and happy about the prospect of Cleveland. The more I look into Cleveland the more exciting it gets, but you know me and change. Always excited! So although PSI plans to wine and dine us with perks of the move, and flying us out there on Feb 2nd, neither Adam nor I are either excited about the prospect of continuing employment with them. Money is nice, but time is better. And there have been lots of things lately that have happened here in Portland with PSI that are less than impressive, and downright put a bad taste in Adam’s mouth. So here’s to hoping we get a shot at Pennsylvania! J

~Love Jessica

P.S. Lately Adam requests for Ephraim to take off his socks and clean out his toes, and Ephraim loves it!


1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! That is true love on Ephraim's part to do that for his dad.It was so fun to read your update. I seriously have been thinking about you guys for days and have been meaing to write you. So expect an email to come soon so I don't have to make this comment a novel :)

    ReplyDelete