Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We made it!

Mercy!

I'm sitting in my front room lightly perspirating, as I enjoy the beginnings of an Oklahoma summer... 82 today.  I know I was stoked for sunshine and warmth, so I won't complain one bit. But let it be known, once mommy gets the house "in order" there will be little else you'll find us doing than playing with the water guns and kiddy pool in the back yard.

So we're here! I like our home a lot...but even more I'm finding I like our location and neighborhood.  Here's a quick run down for ya!
2min from brand new library
6 min from saweet YMCA with killer indoor pool and kiddy area
5 min from Stake center....and our ward
6 min from lovely park with fishing, walking trail and nice playground
Highly spoken of elementary school  just next door with trail connected to our sub-division (also a nice playground)
8 minutes from Wal-Mart, Aldi, Dollar store, Home Depot, Khol's, Ross, JcPenny etc....
14 min from Adam's work

I can't complain! Location is PRIME.

My children actually did quite well with the driving trip. Especially cause we swam the last two nights, and travel was 9 hrs the first day with a stop to see my Grandma and Grandpa Taylor in SLC.  7 hrs the second day, and 5 hrs the last day. It wasn't bad at ALL. Did I mention we also found pretty dang good Indian food just 8 min from our home...? I thought of that cause our only BAD night was when we went to get food after swimming, the kids were tanked, and slept for 10 min in the car and then wouldn't go to sleep till 10:30. Which meant Adam and I ate our Indian food on the floor in the hotel with only the light of the cracked bathroom door. Only to have our kids crawl out of bed and harass us some more! :) Gotta love them!

First week in our ward the YW president came and found me and made it pretty clear that she was desperate for me, and had prayed me here. So the next week I received the call as 1st counselor. Mia-maids...woo woo. I've been the Beehive adviser for the past 3 yrs so I feel like I'm moving up. :)

We've been blessed to meet a nice family on our street with two little boys just Ephraim and McKay's age. Nice thing here in OK is that there are a LOT more stay at home moms. And there is a culture here just for them. For example there are places called Mom's day out....they are like part time day care, where you drop off your kid once or twice a week to have your "day off" Funny huh? & kinda tempting... :)

I also met a nice lady in our ward Angela who runs a momma fit group. They meet at a park twice a week in the morning and work out while they're kids play on the playground. Its pretty cute a bunch of moms lapping around the play set area, stopping, doing crunches and lunges and then jogging again. Cool idea huh?

There is no doubt this Oklahoma change is hardest on Adam. He is Mr. Manager now and was thrown head first into full control of a 200k job. Its intense. And his boss doesn't seem to be the friendliest person. Just kinda cold, to the point, and no joking around. So I try to be a bright bubbly exciting part of his day.

Well all in all we are EXTREMELY BLESSED! We are happy & healthy...(I just conquered a week long beast of a cold) and Ephraim is battling his ear infection well. And all the stress of moving and buying a home was comforted little by little along the way by a merciful Lord!  We're stoked to grab Oklahoma by its hillbilly horns (yes almost everyone has a lil' twang in their voice) and make it our OWN! :)






4 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you guys and know that you MADE IT! Sounds like a fantastic location. I hope that things get better for Adam and work, but otherwise...WOW! Sounds like you have found a great home. Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay... Oklahoma is money!!! It sounds amazing. Im so happy u love it. It's suppose to rain here the next 4 days (shocker) so I'll be thinking of u poolside while I'm walking in the rain w Riggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never be able to leave Young Womens! :) So glad the move went well! Enjoy the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like things in Oklahoma are going great. I am so glad you found a place that fits you so well and the location sounds amazing! maybe one of these days we will find a way to get out there and visit.

    ReplyDelete