This was our CRAZY FUN/Exausting week of birthdays and valentines day. Here's a quick recap:
Tuesday: first dentist apt in 2 yrs. rocked cause I got to invite two of the workers to come to church, one a less active since she was 12. (Missionary work always gives me a high) Adam also turned 28! Tried to plan some fun lil things, but the first LAGIT snow fall of the winter kinda cramped my style. It was 50 and sunshine the day before. But nasty driving conditions just when I was gonna surprise him with lunch and balloons from the kids. So we waited it out and made it happen at 2:30 in the afternoon instead. No biggie cept McKay only got a short car nap and so he rest of the afternoon he was cranky and needy, just when Mommy needed to be cleaning the kitchen, making Adams birthday dinner and creme brûlée! Well yeah, Adam basically made his own creme brûlée after he got home. But he did get to do a confusing treasure hunt to find his present... A tool box. ( I know.... Can't wait to see what I'd give you for a birthday present huh?) Look you get old, you get a lot of expenses, (kids) and you get practical. Don't judge me!
Then after the kids are down I should be getting up decorations for Emeri to see in he morning, but I'm burnt out.
Wednesday: LUCKY mom gets a daughter who miraculously sleeps in and I can sneak out and bring in her surprise Tinker Bell balloon. Then we get ready and go on a surprise birthday outing to a jump zone place with a couple of Emeri's friends. Super fun, and totally made me feel like I was a good birthday mom. Had pizza, then cam home and crashed for naps. The rest of the day was torture waiting for Daddy to get home so we could have our "party" aka... Emeri was dying to eat her princess cake. Adam had the ingenious idea of making a mini princess cake so we didn't have masses and masses of leftover throw out. Worked like a charm! Emeri went at it shamelessly! Thought about other cake options since we did a princess last year, but this girl just loves being a princess... no other cake would really suffice.
Thursday: Supposedly Valentines day...but since my kids aren't in school yet, I figured this burnt out mom could designate whatever day she wanted as Valentines. So we took a much needed party break on Thursday and made our Friday Valentines instead. The kids and I painted/crafted valentines for Daddy, and we all went out to PeiWei for dinner. (First time for us, and frankly a little disappointed.) Chowmein noodles were unbearable...missed Panda Express sorely. But after dinner the kids got to enjoy the delivery at the door when "the man kicked the door". A Wadsworth tradition where a sack of treats and toys are dropped off by an anonymous man (Dad), and the kids get to revel in the excitement of it all. Fun thing was Mommy snuck in Daddy's new cable speed jump rope. Its a hit! Adam is on a week fast from sweets, and is determined to work out at least 3 times, and not eat past 7pm. All in effort to lose weight. I wish he'd be this gun-ho when I'm all flabby after having a baby instead of during my 24th week of pregnancy when its nice to make excuses for a blueberry shake every night. But regardless I'm proud of him and glad that he's not complacent about his health. That he's determined to look and feel his best even if he is happily married for over 5 years.
Yes, that is what a lagit starwars valentine looks like.








Yay!!! Welcome back!!!! It is great to see some pics of our darling niece and nephews. You are a wonderful mom, Jessie!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog. I know that's not a big enough incentive but I really do get a kick out of your writing! Your February is like ours. birthdays, birthdays and birthdays mixed in with V-Day. By the time V-day comes we are exhausted and usually don't do much. lame, i know! So I know we just saw you guys but I swear Mckay looks a whole year older. It's crazy!
ReplyDeleteYou and you're family are a wonder! Love your missionary spirit! Keep writing! Seems like it was not that long ago you were serving here in FL. Big news here. The Spanish units just dissolved and our ward boundaries cut in half. Lots going on. I need to write about it. Thanks for the inspiration. Love you.
ReplyDelete