Sunday, January 23, 2011

Holiday's and More

So what can I say I’m a lazy blogger. I love to get on and hear all the wonderful updates of all my friends who blog, but I’m a poor reciprocator of all the fun details of my life. But to get a late post out there and off my mind here are a bunch of pics from Christmas.
We had a Jolly ol’ time back in Utah and Pocatello with family. I had the third family wedding this year with my brother Ammon getting hitched. So my brother’s really were on the ball in 2010. It was a little hectic playing single mommy through those festivities since Adam had to work back in Portland. But lots of anxious aunts and uncles filled in perfectly for an extra helping hand. And it was SOOO nice to have a husband again after 4 days of vacationing without him. Christmas day was spent with the Wadsworth’s and Emeri got spoiled just enough by Grandma and Grandpa that we decided to save our present for her and give it to her in Feb for her birthday. Cheap? Of course...but hello, she’s 10 months old. One new toy is almost too much excitement to handle in and of itself. Both kids also got some authentic silk PJ’s from their aunt and uncle Heidi and Jacob who just returned from China. And Ephraim got a sweet Samari sword to go with his. Since receiving it he’s seen it once and asked to play with it, but since it has a tip that could rival some of our kitchen chef knives I’ve hid it, and he probably won’t appreciate it till he’s 11 or so and I hang it up as a wall decoration.  Emeri barely survives his presence as it is.
We also had some family photos taken so we could do our first family New Year letter. Sorry for any readers who didn’t get one, and please enjoy the photo’s here instead.
With the letter came the announcement to many that we are expecting #3. Little Brother is the best guess and he’s due to arrive end of May. We are so excited to add to the fun, joy, and excitement of our little growing family. Oh and did I mention adding a bit more stress, fatigue, and insanity? Yeah we figured we could use a little more of that in our day to day lives as well. 
Speaking of insanity my old friend Danelle convinced me that I really need to be a determined mother and get Ephraim potty trained. So starting tomorrow....(I think) we’re gonna give it our best effort. I have been putting it off cause I really don’t want to deal with the clean up. And I adore my little Ephraim. We’re the best of friends, and I can’t imagine this process nourishing our friendship much. So for all those who have embarked this journey and are gun-ho I’m all ears for some serious rah rah pep talks to get me going and trudging through this first and hopefully ONLY attempt to potty train Ephraim.






4 comments:

  1. hahaha I love that Ephraim got a sword for Christmas! That's awesome!
    And you aren't cheap. The gifts we let Evelyn open and play with on Christmas now will go back in wrapping paper but this time for her 2nd birthday. Hey, might as well, since this is probably the last year we can get away with it.
    And good luck on the potty training. I have no advice since I'm deathly afraid of doing it to but let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you updated! I've been looking forward to seeing what you're up to! Congrats on being pregnant! How exciting! I think Adam has some strong genes because your little ones so far look just like him! The family pictures are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys to add your third! Wish we could have spent more time with you guys in Utah. Good luck with the potty training. We got SUPER lucky with Avery...so I really have no "this will for sure work" pep talks, because it truly was just all her. :) Love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, I love your blog and thanks for sending a picture and letter. We loved it! These family pics are so cute and I love Emerie's expression in hers, not to mention, the adorable little shoots on her head. We had fun with you guys over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete