Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall is Upon Us

Whoa! Summer is gone. That happened all too fast! We made it through a soggy cold weekend only through the joy found in Ephraim turning the big 3....BYU/Utes game brought NO comfort. (Enough said)

So my darling little boy is 3!!! And he's at Joy school right now. SO FUN! Only three lil kids in our group but we made it happen....even all the way out here in Portland, OR. So seeing as I have 15 min till I pick him up I'm gonna SPEED type!

So Ephraim is absolutely adorable! He's rambunctious, defiant, and teases his sister. But overall he is too adorable for words. He is a mini parent around the home now... helping reiterate things to Emeri, and trying to enforce punishments as well. "Emeri, get off the table! One...Two...Three. K I pinch your bottom"...Its a good reminder of how I sound. Even when he gets upset he basically plays back a tape recorder of what I say when I'm tired and frustrated with his actions. "Uuurrrhhhh, I not happy!"

He loves to give kisses and hugs, something he's grown into since the first two years of his life he was squirming to get free and run wild! I think Emeri's cuddle tendencies have encouraged his cuddle desires to perk up. He MUST be the center of attention. If Emeri gets attention for doing something he will immediately copy it, even if it means talking like a baby.

Emeri on the other hand is a pretty content little girl. Her need for attention is definitely growing, but she's not a spotlight hog like her brother. She does ache to be like him in every way though. She always wants to wear his gym shorts....with or with out another pair of pants underneath. She's straight up adorable, and talking lots. She's probably at the level now that Ephraim was at 25-26 months, and she's just 19m. She loves, loves LOVES the song Do-Re-Mi from Sound of Music. She'll sing those lyrics ALL day long. Oh and she finally has something besides her front 8 teeth growing in! Hooray!!

McKay is just along for the ride. His older siblings LOVE to hold him, despite his obvious protests. And he's solid like his brother was at his age. In fact when we look at baby picture comparisons they look VERY much alike. In person I think McKay still has his own look going, but they no doubt will be easily identified as brothers.

Here are a few pictures from our birthday celebration, and previous happening events throughout the summer.


I made a lion cake with my first purchased decorating tips...it wasn't perfect, but I was pretty happy with the result.
Emeri won her lil' Cinderella doll in the "Pin the tail on Simba" game...she was pretty darn close.
Ephraim's first Fun-Dip ever...bought with tickets won at Chuck E. Cheese

Here's a video questionnaire of Ephraim that I am going to do for all my kids on their birthdays.



Below are my personal answers for him that I think fit best.
Real Best Friend: Emeri
Fav. Animal: Tiger/Lion
Wants to be: Buzz Lightyear
Fav. Movie: Toy Story, or The Restoration
Fav. Book: Beauty and the Beast
Happy: Finally receiving his incentive to be good. (sucker, jello, wii time, etc.)
Sad: Being put in the garage for disobeying
Fav. Food: Burritos
Fav. Song: Do-Re-Mi, or "I've got Joy" from Joy School
Fav. Game: Hide and Seek

Smiley lil' McKay

A Perfect Day at the Zoo
Ephraim burying his feet at the beach when Adam's family visited.
A FROZEN Emeri
Emeri sporting a jam smothered shirt, and her brother's shorts
She's my shoe queen!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see an update! McKay is already growing so much. All the kids are. Looks like tons of fun. And great job on the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica! That cake is perfect! I love it. At first I thought you bought it. Evelyn is a shoe girl too. She will EVERYONE else besides her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little video is super cute. What a great idea! I love the cake and your family is super adorable.

    ReplyDelete